Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LEGEND OF THE BOO-MONSTER KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN CONTINUES...

“Legends of the Boo-Monster” is the fantasy story of a little monster who has a developmental disability known as the “Distance”, which would be our world's version of autism. For over three centuries the Continent of Monsters was a place where diverse and amazing creatures lived in harmony, but now an ancient prophecy is being fulfilled and a group of other-dimensional baddies known as the Intolerance are going to try to make the Continent their own. The Boo-Monster is the center of the prophecy due to his “dimensional frequency”, so the greatest monsters of the Continent gather to protect the Boo-Monster and the peaceful world they’ve always known.

This story is being written by my buddy Shawn Colton and he has asked me to do the character design & artwork for the book, which I'm thrilled to do because there are so many colorful characters I get to play with. Plus the story is awesome. PLUS, well, Shawn Colton has been one of my creative partners for a few decades, and I wasn't about to say no to this.

We are currently running a KICKSTARTER campaign to raise the funds to get this book published and into the hands of all the fans of fantastic characters and also to help raise awareness of autism.

I'll be doing alot of updates on this project within' the next few months and today I'd like to share just a few of the character designs for some of the supporting cast of this book. I usually do dark, creepy horror artwork, but for a change, LEGEND OF THE BOO-MONSTER gives me the opportunity to get a little more colorful and light hearted and, well, just plain fun with my artwork.

Rainbow_BooMonster_color_small
RAINBOW, THE BOO-MONSTER and his PLUCKABLE.

Vanessa_color-small
THE LOVELY MISS V

SisterGemini_final
SISTER GEMINI

NezarGath_small
NEZAR GATH

SarahGone
SARAH GONE

VividVance
VIVID VANCE

More concept art and designs will be posted, so keep checking back and PLEASE take a look at our KICKSTARTER campaign and donate so YOU can be part of this fun and exciting book.
Here is the link to the KICKSTARTER site - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1055563101/legends-of-the-boo-monster

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Artist & Illustrator of monsters,sexy girls,superheroes and anything off the wall!

Followers