Saturday, February 11, 2012

YOU'VE GOT TO BLEED FOR IT,BABY!

Vampires. Everyone loves them. And zombies. Basically the same thing but vampires dress better. Personally, I'm kind of sick of both of them, yet, I'm still drawn to them. And still love drawing them. Vampire movies and artwork and comics and the whole scene had a major influence on me. Not just the look of them, but their style, their sexiness and their mysteriousness. Zombies, well, they're just fun to draw because you get to radically alter the human face and form. And, if you mess up on the drawing, it doesn't really matter cuz no one would know anyways.
Well, I have no zombies for you this time, but a small hand full of vampires.Guess I've been feeling a bit moody and depressed lately, so that's usually when the vampire lover in me comes out and makes me want to draw/paint/watch or read about them. Call me gothy, or emo, tho I really ain't technically either. Just, there's nothing better than drawing vampires to get the moodiness & darkness out. And here's a few I've done recently while trying to shake the sad little cobwebs from my mind.


THE BLOOFER LADY


I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU THE CHOICE I NEVER HAD!


THE BLOOD IS THE LIFE AND IT SHALL BE MINE!


The next few aren't technically vampire art, but it falls under the same aesthetic. Sadness, loneliness, loss, and of course, a touch of the supernatural.

ESTRANGED


THE QUEEN OF RATS


THE HOUSE OF SILENT SCREAMS


So yeah. I guess I just can't deny it. I'm still a sucker for the sad little vampire & ghosty stories. It's really what I love to draw and paint the most. It's a reflection of so many things we all feel, yet are drawn to at the same time. Which is why it's such a popular subject. We can show the beauty in horror, the erotic longing, the tantalizing forbidden, the dying to live.It also speaks to the narcissist in us all. We all want to be irresistible to others.Especially to those we ourselves are drawn to. No matter how many times we all like to diminish it, or ridicule or deny it,just face it. Everyone is sexier with fangs and the lack of pupils in our eyes. You just can't look away from it.
Come Hither If You Dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Artist & Illustrator of monsters,sexy girls,superheroes and anything off the wall!

Followers